Sunday, April 6, 2008

Ben's Bells

I got a chance to volunteer at Ben's Bells this saturday. This was a long time after which I was getting involved with some community service and this was the first time in US.

So, what's Ben's Bells? Ben's Bells are ceramic wind chimes made mostly by volunteers in Tucson. Twice a year, hundreds and hundreds of Ben's Bells are hung randomly in public places around the Tucson community and beyond to be found. The idea is to light some body's day.

There are other places/days when they place these Ben's Bells to be found. Like this weekend, they were taking a trip VTech.

And the best part about it was that it was really fun, I painted dried clay beads with ceramic paint and also made some. I got a chance meet quite a few people and that's always fun. And I got to model also :) which was really cool.

To find out more:
http://www.bensbells.org/

To see me model:
http://www.bensbells.org/Pages/Merchadise2.htm (You'll have to scroll down a bit)


Overall, it was an awesome experience and I hope to visit them again soon


3 comments:

Natasha said...

Hey, sounds like a wonderful way to spend the weekend.

Unknown said...

yeah i know

Anonymous said...

I was fortunate enough to find one of the ben's bells in Blacksburg, VA--outside of the dorm I lived in Freshman year of college (and the site of the first shootings at Virginia Tech).

I thank you and all the volunteers who help to make the bens bells. It is VERY special to me and I will have it forever.

I hope to make a trip out to AZ to help make bells in the future.